MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a silver ZR in Falkirk last night which had the cold airfeed hose cut through the griil it looked like the piperx shiny end think had been stuck in place and it looked great but i want to know how he got the feed to there? I would keep my viper if i could get it to do that! It was on the left side grill about 30cm along form the mg badge.
Me wants! :mrsmiley:

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Ive seen that car donna, it was at crail the last time I was up!! Not sure how he did it tho! Maybe removed everything in site and forced it through!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
yeah ive seen a zed with that too.........but bugger me if i know how to do it :D like gordy said....must have to move some stuff first?!?!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i WONDERED IF HE HAD JUST GOT THE END OF A HOSE THING AND CUT THE GRILL AND STUCK IT ON, LIKE NOT A REAL AIR FEED, I REALLY WANNA DO THIS!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I could technically have two if i wanted to.

Dont know if everyone`s Zed is the same as my 105 but if your standing at the front bumper looking directly at it- Lift the boonet up and look to the left of the radiator (drivers side basically).

On mine as the radiator ends there a black plastic cover thing that runs the height of the radiator and two clips which hang over the side of the radiator.

I took this cover thing off. (not the easiest i tell you) and cut a hole in it the same diameter of the cold air feed if you know what i mean and ran it through that hole and towards the front grill.

I could cut the mesh on the front bumper and put the end of the cold air feed through if i want to like you say above but didnt want to go down this route. Dont know how effective this route is right enough, but at the end of the day it is only a piperx open filter on a 1.4 so not expecting miracles.

Here, Donna im home in 10 days or so, if you want me to give you a shout and show you what i mean.?

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Trouble with that is you have to route it in proximity to the radiator/exhaust which runs the risk of warming the pipe and the air inside thereby defeting the whole object of having a COLD feed :-k

·
Registered
16 Posts
yeah my thoughts as well mate..

I do have another one which runs down by the original air feed and down slightly squeezed past the radiator and towards the grill as well.

I think i`m living in hope that the air movement will be quick enough and constantly fresh supply going up the air feed that it wont have sufficient time to be heated.

As i say, i live in hope and not that technially gifted to fully work it out/test this.

At the same time, i think well if i doesnt work then it is onoy an open filter at the end of the day which probbaly wouldnt make the best of differences even with the best cold air feed on a 1.4.

:grin:

I`ve been thinking of changing to a closed system over the last couple of weeks, but part of me is like why pay dcent money when theres a good chance that i would not be getting full benefit of it due to crap air supply.

ZR`s = Nightmare for cold air feeds... :evil:

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
When I get some decent time off (and some decent weather), I am going to pull the front of the car off and have a good look. Maybe remove the complete standard airfeed ands plenium chamber and see just what sort of access I can get to the front lower grill but away from the rad and exhaust (if possible)

Failing that I'll stick with the set up I have got which seems to work OK even if it dosent look all that pretty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts