MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had the centre console out done some spraying off dash parts and after putting it back together the air con button doesn't illuminate, the others do: fog lights front & rear and heated rear screen. Could the bulb have gone or something or must I have broken a wire somewhere the connectors are plugged in properly into the back of buttons so I am confused. I have a mk1 160 incase this is important.

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i see if only i'd known I would've been more careful lol! Anyway going outside to look the little light that comes on when the button is pressed does work so it isn't a wiring problem and must be broken filament as you suggest do you have any idea how to replace this and if the bulbs are easy to find?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anybody who can help me with this I would greatly appreciate the help as I don't want to break the button altogether but it will irritate me immensely if I can't get the button to illuminate again lol!

·
Premium Member
31,424 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,424 Posts
thats brilliant help thanks alot! and then how do i go about fitting the bulb I am not really brilliant with electronics at all. thanks
You need to remove the switch and unscrew the bulb holder about half a turn...It will be the yellow holder..Then unwrap the wire legs that are attached to the buld from the holder..Then simply reverse order for the new bulb...I changed mine for all red bulbs so they natched :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers thats a great help usually i can work most things out after abit of messing but some things i worry about breaking! sounds good bet that looks pretty cool im going to get yellow then will this match the original bulbs as they are like a yellow colour or will i need a new set of all of them you think?

·
Premium Member
31,424 Posts
cheers thats a great help usually i can work most things out after abit of messing but some things i worry about breaking! sounds good bet that looks pretty cool im going to get yellow then will this match the original bulbs as they are like a yellow colour or will i need a new set of all of them you think?
For the price they are get a good few..

Then you can decide if all of them need changing to match :)

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
You need to remove the switch and unscrew the bulb holder about half a turn...It will be the yellow holder..Then unwrap the wire legs that are attached to the buld from the holder..Then simply reverse order for the new bulb...I changed mine for all red bulbs so they matched :)
you happen to have a pic of that kicking about mate?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.