MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Electric Turbo FTW!!!
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello People,

I really need some advice about my car, I purchased my car in february from Evans Halshaw (never buy a car from these) with 12 months MOT and 6 Months the MOT ran out in March and thought they had renewed the MOT but it turns out the car has no MOT and i have been driving around with no MOT.

Also on my car the boot is faulty so that also doesnt work (doesnt open) so they want me to bring the car in to fix it but i know if i do that they are going to MOT it and if they do that i wont have a case.

As you know you need an MOT certificate to buy new tax which runs out within the next few week or so.

There is no way that i am doing the mot out of my pocket when the car should have had an mot on it to start with. I am thinking about calling Black horse (who financed my car) and cancelling the contract with them and returning my car.

Do you think i have much of a case here seeing as i was mis sold my car and they have left me driving my car illegaly on the road?

Much Appreciated

Adam

·
Electric Turbo FTW!!!
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It might seem dramatic but what would of happened if i had been caught driving around by the police with no MO? I was promised 12 months MOT when i was sold the car I want to get something out of it as this isn't the best service in the world would either of you let them get off lightly on this?

·
Dirty user
31,429 Posts
It might seem dramatic but what would of happened if i had been caught driving around by the police with no MO? I was promised 12 months MOT when i was sold the car I want to get something out of it as this isn't the best service in the world would either of you let them get off lightly on this?
It's done now !!!

so just get it sorted like rob said ;) :D

·
Electric Turbo FTW!!!
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And tbh you shuld have checked all the paper work prior to signing for the car :)
Well if it says 12 months MOT 6 months tax on the paper work but they say they couldnt find the cert wtf else can i check? keeping in mind this is one of the biggest dealerships in the UK arent you supposed to have aat least a small element of trust in them?

·
Dirty user
31,429 Posts
Well if it says 12 months MOT 6 months tax on the paper work but they say they couldnt find the cert wtf else can i check? keeping in mind this is one of the biggest dealerships in the UK arent you supposed to have aat least a small element of trust in them?
So it didn't twig when you did not have an mot cert ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts