MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Former Site Owner
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would be most grateful for any advice anyone could give me on this matter of deep concern to me. For sometime now I've suspected that my girlfriend may be having an affair.

You know the sort of thing. Her mobile rings, I answer, someone hangs up. Recently she has started going out 'with the girls' a lot and when I ask which girls it's always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them".

I always used to keep an eye out for her taxi coming home but now she always walks up to the house although I can hear a car setting off as if she has just got out of one around the corner. The other day I picked up her mobile, just to see what time it was, and she went mental, screaming at me that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with her. I kind of think deep down I don't really want to know the truth. But then last night she went out again and I decided that I would check up on her. I hid behind my car which I knew would give me a good view of the whole street so I could see which car she got out of on her return.

It was whilst crouched behind my car that I noticed rust around my rear wheel arch. Should I take it into a body repair shop or should I buy some stuff from Halfords and try to repair it myself?

·
Loadsamoney! So shut it!!!
4,103 Posts
I have seen this before but wherer....hhhhhmmmmmm i think your making it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
PMSL!!!!

Also appreciating the irony of pointless questions too :wink:

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
The car will still have its 6yr anti-corrosion warranty from MGR. Assuming that is, that an MGR authorised dealer or staff member has been able to check the bodywork at regular intervals (such as service ones) and that the bodywork remains un-modified.

I'd suggest taking it to your dealer ASAP and have them check it out. Make sure its one with a good bodyshop though!

The most likey solution they will have is to cut out the metalwork around the arch and weld a new piece into place, and then try to blend the paintwork to match the rest of the car. Being a Typhoon car, you might find the match is not so great, so be prepared for months of trial and error...

Also, dont let your dealer forget that you are entitled to a replcaement courtesy car during the time they have yours for any warranty work.

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
GT said:
The car will still have its 6yr anti-corrosion warranty from MGR. Assuming that is, that an MGR authorised dealer or staff member has been able to check the bodywork at regular intervals (such as service ones) and that the bodywork remains un-modified.

I'd suggest taking it to your dealer ASAP and have them check it out. Make sure its one with a good bodyshop though!

The most likey solution they will have is to cut out the metalwork around the arch and weld a new piece into place, and then try to blend the paintwork to match the rest of the car. Being a Typhoon car, you might find the match is not so great, so be prepared for months of trial and error...

Also, dont let your dealer forget that you are entitled to a replcaement courtesy car during the time they have yours for any warranty work.
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

·
763 Posts
GT said:

think he was joking! :D

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
mike4 said:
GT said:

think he was joking! :D

good job they both are :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ =D> =D> =D> =D>

·
Sick puppy!
8,091 Posts
GT said:

WTF LOL

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
nonsence... I just share hoogies priorities in that a rusting wheelarch on my car is more important than a girlfriend!

I'm very dissapointed that no-one else here is even conerned about the arch!

Having paid a damn site more to have the car than the girlfriend (effectivley free, even if the upkeep is a little high), I know which one I would expect to not be getting a little shabby around the edges after such a short space of time!

·
Former Site Owner
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GT said:
nonsence... I just share hoogies priorities in that a rusting wheelarch on my car is more important than a girlfriend!

Having paid a damn site more to have the car than the girlfriend (effectivley free, even if the upkeep is a little high), I know which one I would expect to not be getting a little shabby around the edges after such a short space of time!
i didnt actually state that

<fuck sake - in trouble now>

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
:aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww:

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
hoogie said:
GT said:

i didnt actually state that

<fuck sake - in trouble now>

=; =; :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: =; =;

1 - 20 of 21 Posts