MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Had a bit of an accident last night in the ZR - hit some spilt diesel on a rather tight corner and ended up in the bushes on the other side of the road. Thankfully there was no oncoming traffic...

Anyway theres a bit of damage to the front of the car, small dent on one of the front side panels (which I'd imagine will be fairly easy to sort) and the front bumper has lost a bit of paint (just flaked off) and is a bit mishapen. Anyone have any idea if its possible to fix a mishapen bumper? Obviously if it was metal then it can be reshaped but I'm not so sure since its plastic? If I needed a new front bumper and respray does anyone know how much that is likely to cost?

Cheers,

ali

·
Registered
451 Posts
Dont think plastic bumpers are repairable? unsure though. New bumper, hmm you would be better off uying a second hand one and repsraying tha,t i think new form dealers the bumpers are a few hundred pound.

I see you have an eslise s2 though? Nice! I'm picking mine up in july next year :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jonny G said:
I see you have an eslise s2 though? Nice! I'm picking mine up in july next year :)
yeah I got it a few weeks a go - it's flippin awesome :) I thought the ZR was responsive handling etc until I got my elise, now it feels like a bus to drive! still fun tho ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no major problems, few things the warranty will cover (faulty horn, alarm siren). They all leak a bit but its really not bad, they are noisy though, squeeks and rattles a fair bit but none of that matters; the engine drowns out all that when you rev it :) it is a bit loud cruising at high speeds but I have the ZR for motorway journeys :) and you can always turn the stereo up...

Absolutely nothing beats blasting round twisty roads with the sun out and roof down :mrsmiley:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Ah cool :) Nice to speak to someone who actually has one hehe :) Hopefully ti will be a bit easier to get in and out of then my friends vx220, that's awkward! But yeah i can believe it, thankfully i pick it up when it's summer, so should be sweet :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jonny G said:
Ah cool :) Nice to speak to someone who actually has one hehe :) Hopefully ti will be a bit easier to get in and out of then my friends vx220, that's awkward! But yeah i can believe it, thankfully i pick it up when it's summer, so should be sweet :D
yeah i drove a vx220 too and I'd say the lotus is slightly easier to get in and out of than the vx (the sills at the door are wider if i remember correctly on the vx). it's still a bit of a pain in the ass tho :wink: I'm 6'3 though and manage ok, once in theres more legroom than in the ZR :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
think its some thing you just get used to, at first i kept getting bruises where i wacked my leg on the door but after the 18k miles ive got out the vxt ive seemed to perfect it.

one leg in, plonk arse in seat then swing other leg in. :grin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.