MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Shut up sad act!!!
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my MOT done on my car today (10 days late) Ooops!:sleep:
It passed no problems but they gave me an advisory note that the f/o/s ABS ring has a small crack...
What is this>?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
IIRC it's what the sensor uses to detect if the wheel is moving or not when th breaks are applyed, Ade or Andy should know better

·
Shut up sad act!!!
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Expensive to fit?
Easy part to source?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Its not dangerous but i would advise you get it sorted.
It can trigger the abs to come on and stay on more often when you dont need it.

I didnt notice mine was cracked and ended up smashing my 180 into a mondeo last week because the abs cut in unnecessarily down hill and i didnt stop :(

·
Registered
18,670 Posts
found this on another forum

"Just thought I'd post a source for replacement ABS relucter rings on here for anybody that has the common problem of cracked rings etc. You can get these from Nigel Thompson Transmissions in Leeds tel 0113 289 0819 and ask for Paul Stead.

Paul is a helpful guy and sorted me out with a pair of rings with delivery the following day. I was quoted £587,(Parts & labour), by a garage to replace the CV joints as I had "no chance" of obtaining the rings alone. Cost from Paul was £12 a side plus VAT and postage.

Relatively easy to fit if your a get down and get under type of guy...or gal."

·
Shut up sad act!!!
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its not dangerous but i would advise you get it sorted.
It can trigger the abs to come on and stay on more often when you dont need it.

I didnt notice mine was cracked and ended up smashing my 180 into a mondeo last week because the abs cut in unnecessarily down hill and i didnt stop :(
Cheers for the info mate...
Will get my garage to have a look and quote me..:hooray:

·
Shut up sad act!!!
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
found this on another forum

"Just thought I'd post a source for replacement ABS relucter rings on here for anybody that has the common problem of cracked rings etc. You can get these from Nigel Thompson Transmissions in Leeds tel 0113 289 0819 and ask for Paul Stead.

Paul is a helpful guy and sorted me out with a pair of rings with delivery the following day. I was quoted £587,(Parts & labour), by a garage to replace the CV joints as I had "no chance" of obtaining the rings alone. Cost from Paul was £12 a side plus VAT and postage.

Relatively easy to fit if your a get down and get under type of guy...or gal."
I'm the type of guy that likes to get down under a gal...or did i read that wrong? lol:mbounce:

·
Registered
622 Posts
the sensor detects the ridges on the ring and if one wheel has less than the others by a certain perentage it starts the abs pulsing, usually this is when you are breaking any way but when your driving along i think it starts pulsing so as soon as you start braking you have reduced pressure before its needed, if the rings come off then it may think you arent moving so if you do lock up it wont pulse and stop you quicker, but both are bad, there quite easy to fit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts