MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picture the scene........

11.20pm, Saturday 11th December - Me (In my ZR), my mate Bob and his pal Stewart (In Bobs Pug 106), sitting in a public car park just off a main stretch of road.

We were buggering about under the bonnets (Showing off, as you do! lol), and I asked Stewart if he fancied a wee drive round the car park in my car.

I knew fine well that he only had a provisional license, and wasn't insured.... but it was late, and an empty car park, so I didn't see any harm in it.

He jumped in, and as he was pulling out of the parking space I said to him, "Turn on those front fogs, I wanna see what they are like from the outside".... so he did, and swung round 180 degrees to face the other way - Low and behold, what was coming towards us (on the main road)???

You guessed it - :lcop: a Police van!!!! signalling into the car park, meaning we were f**ked!

I was shouting "Turn of those f**king fogs!" - nope, they still stopped him.

Asked him to get out the car (I stood nearby), asked him if it was his car, if he was insured, if he had a license etc - He told them the truth, so while he was speaking to one of the officers, the other one came over to me and said "You are f**ked boy! You realise you WILL be banned for this, allowing someone with a provisional license to drive unaccompanied, with no L plates, no insurance, and with fogs on? And he will be banned as well".

In the end, they were in a happy mood........ and could have done us with several different offences, instead, I got a Fixed Penalty Notice for £30 for having my fogs on - Was that lucky or what!!!!

Sorry to rabble on, I just thought I would let you know that some police officers arent all that bad! :lcop:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
899 Posts
U lucky Lucky LUCKY BOY! I would never let anyone else drive me car, and u should learn from that and make sure u dont do it again coz its not worth it mate.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
DO NOT ACCEPT THAT FPN!!!!!!........

You were in a Car park ......ie "PRIVATE LAND" ....the police CANNOT DO YOU FER THIS ...they are tekkin the piss....

I taught my son to drive round a huge fookin Council car park ...& the police tried several times to stop me .......NO CHANCE!!!......

if you are NOT on "The Queens Highway" then you are NOT committing ANY OFFENCE !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its still a public car park though, and because the fogs were shining onto a main highway.......... anyway, I dont want to argue with them - It is Scotland, I dont know how scottish law works as far as car parks and stuff are concerned, would rather just pay the £30 and forget about it! lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
So there not all bad then!!! I cant believe got away with that!! I'd be more than happy to pay the fine!!

·
Loadsamoney! So shut it!!!
4,103 Posts
I agree with Kieth i would of told teh copper where to shove it!

Brit Law might be different but for a copper to say 'your fucked' would also make me more than willing not to except it as there are rules against using that language to!

but scotish law is problery a bit different to ours!

·
Registered
18 Posts
luckily i've never ever been stopped.

but I am followed a huge amount. the amount of times i look up into my rear view mirror and see yet another police car following me around ....

oh and I did unknowingly race an unmarked police car once ... and won ... was only when i stopped at a roundabout i realised there were a few police officers in the car ... they never bothered stopping me though

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Not all car parks are private land!

Our local big Asda car park is commonly mistaken as such, and its actually legally classed as 'Larchwood Avenue' - A PUBLIC ROAD. The Police have more powers in the car-park than Asda do!

Please dont assume that the Police are stupid enough to try and prosecute you for that if they didnt believe they were within their rights to do so.

madstiv - Goes to show they are human beings too... consider it a christmas present :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was standing at the other side of the car park, its a very small car park - its only got 40 spaces in it

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Where in Ayrshire were you cos I have a mate who kept getting into trouble from the rozzers and got away with it as loads of them are private land.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I live in Stevenston, but the car park in question was at South Beach in Ardrossan, just opposite Jacks Place (The Bar).

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I'd just accept the £30 fine and accept your luck.

If you'd argue you'd just set yourself up for a load of sh1t in the future, its not worth the hassle for the sake of 30 notes.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I know the place. It is up to you. If you told the police to take a hike and had all officers details and a witness to the one who told you you were"fucked" you would have been able to get away with it. But if you are not getting any points i'd take the fine and learn the lesson for the next time.

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
Your lucky to get away with that, and agree with what other peeps say...pay the fine and forget about it :xmas:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep I agree, just pay it and forget about it. Not getting any points anyway, so im not gonna lose any sleep over 30 sheets.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts