MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as you are all aware of the problems with a certain bodyshop with my car and the Impact Styling MGZR kit build (Maz's car)

Yesterday he lied to Amanda's father trying to shed some blame onto me. That was the final straw, and now my car is on its way home on a trailer after 4.5 months in the shop and me having done 95% of all the work in that time.

Amanda's is being picked up 7th March unfinished - 5 MONTHS AFTER IT WENT IN and with no work done!!!! :wallb:

Named, shamed...rightfully I think you will agree

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is no kit. He has been lying to Amanda and her Dad for the last 4/5 months telling them he has been working on it, and amazingly in December, he told Amanda he had finished the kit.....

Even though I had been up there as much as possible to check on both cars - I have never seen him working on the car nor one part of this mysterious kit. Because the moulds belong to me I asked to see them, he could not supply name or number of the moulding company then came out with some cock and bull story that the kit was warped and did not fit LOL!!

Still never seen any part of even a warped kit (2 months on) nor has Amanda, what a waste of time!!

·
3,634 Posts
is'nt there anything that can be done ?? Seems this guys just getting away with it !!! :wallb: :wallb: :wallb: :wallb:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have advised Amanda on legal action for compensation and he certainly will not get any praise from me. Thats about all that can be done.

As for the kit, I have been enquiring with another place for a while so I got a quote and a timescale off them today and they are willing to take in the car on the same day that it leaves this place. Its all in Amanda's hands now but she needs to get her head around it all first. Wouldnt blame her for selling up and getting a push bike after this

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
maybe we should have a section of companies to avoid?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have enquired about having the kit built at a different place. The work is able to start in March. I just need the confidence to trust another bodyshop really as this has been herendous. I dont think Amanda's car will be the demo car as she really needs the car back, but this kit will be built!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
By the way......I will post up pics of my car later just to show how it started, and how it finished after 4/5 months at A-tek (and all work shown has been done by myself :S)

·
Registered
556 Posts
There is a really good company down here in the Salisbury area, I know it is away for alot of you to travel but they are called Performance FX. www.performancefx.net They havent got much on their website yet, but they are a young enthusatic team and we do quite a bit of work with them now.

They did a lot of work on a mates Renault Laguna (don't let this put you off!!) and it was brilliant. They get involved with the paint jobs etc as well..

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Shaun & Maz...if u want to pop a bad review for the company in Product reviews forum I'll sticky it for you :up:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the idea about a company off here. The company would have to be close to me because I like to a) help out as and when and play a part, and b) oversee the project to make sure the kit is going to look just as I have designed it. I have a new bodyshop who I was in talks with before I started to deal with this one. The ZR was set to go here when the project began, problem was he had some family issues arise at home and had to shut up shop about 3 weeks before the work began. He is now back open and is willing to take this on, I just need to see more of his recent work before I can be more sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts