MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh yes.

So... I'm getting really ****ed off with this squeaking noise in my ZR.
I drive about, day after day, and there's this consistant, SQUEAKING.
Tbh, it's doing my nut.
It sounds like there is a joint somewhere, not properly oiled.
It's definately inside the car.
I drive along, holding various parts of the car... it doesn't stop.
My next move is to get my dad to drive while I hold other things I can't normally reach.

Anyway... I figure... maybe it's in the boot.
So I go to the boot, pull up all the carpet and spot the spare wheel space saver with it's stupid little can of useless-ness looking up at me.

'BOLLOCKS' I say in my head.
'Bollocks to you, you little ****ty can of nothing'.

Anyway... so I pull the space saver out.
What do I find?

A pool. A luscious pool of water.
If it was a hot day, i could bathe in it.
And be refreshed. Oh so refreshed.
Where the living **** has that come from?
Seriously... there is plenty of water in there!

I have no idea how long it's been like it.
The water didn't smell stagnant?
The side / floor boot carpet isn't wet.
But there doesn't appear to be anywhere it's coming from under the car?

Anyway, i've sponged it all out for now, going to keep an eye on it.

Anyone else had this?
:)

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
u do have vents to either side of the back of the boot for ventilation out of the car that come out between the chassis and ur rear bumper. normally these have afoam element in them (i think), check urs are still there. :)

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
I have developed a mouse like squeek too. It happened as soon as I took the roof headlining out on Sunday to fix the leaking sunroof.

It might be completely irrelevant to you but this 'mouse' noise you describe sounds very similar. It is deffo coming from the rear of the car too.....

I'll see if it goes when the headlining goes back in :)

·
Registered
669 Posts
i had the same problem mate the squeek was the boot lock the 2x 10mm nuts needed tightening and the leak was cumin from the pressure relief valve located on ur left hand side behind the carpet wall thing if u run water down the boot u will c it coming in what i did was took out the relief thing and put aload of silicone around the seals and placed it back no problems now:) took me a while 2 find it tho:)

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
if you have a sunroof the drain lines maybe blocked. The squeak is caused by your washer jet tube splitting previously, water has got into your lock and someone has adjusted the rubber gromits to aid in shutting the boot. So whip off the black plastic (two screws by the window and pull) covering the lock give it a good lube (not with WD40 actually a grease) adjust your rubber gromits (wind them out a thread or two) and your mouse will be gone.

And don't drill holes in your wheel well as that attracts condensation, thats why they have sealed gromits in the already pre-made holes!

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Check the rails that the seats are attached to the car with...thats where my squeaking was coming from...got some WD40 and gave them a good spray and not heard a peep since.

·
^buy meeeeeeeee^
1,407 Posts
as for the squeking , mayb 6 by 9s , if the tweeter gets too close, only does it while you moving, i thought mine was a car part until my friend in the back was pissing round with my 6x9s and turned out to be them. bit of bending and was sorted :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.