MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is off one of the local forums in the "Was it you?" section

Original post...

Me and my mate were in his black evo 6 last week, waiting to turn out on to the bypass to go down towards fiveways.
Blue MG ZR comes up behind us. We turn out, laughing, Stu floors the evo, and.......................

The MG not only passes us but pulls away!!!!

We couldn't believe it!!!! Never seen anything go like it!!! Car is local cuz ive seen it around, looks like a standard ZR160 except for what looks like a cold air pipe sticking out under the front bumper.

It's obviously turbo'ed cuz the dump valve cracked when he changed gear alongside us, plus spitting flames and crackling noise, Stu said sounded like anti-lag.
zr it just looks like any other zr only with black back windows isnt lowred or anything with standard 17`s
Finally after 7 pages of debate and cack the real owner hears of the thread and posts...

My car was built by P.T.S, using a rallycross derived block with forged internals and a trick turbo and managment set up, using an all steel bottom end and an external wastegate. Like most things on the car the boost is fully adjustable and the power is put down by a racelogic traction control system and our own antilag system. The suspension and brakes are the same as the set up used in the S2000 rally car. The car is mapped by ourselves monthly and on our dyno produces 331 bhp at the flywheel and 299 lb of torque. Sorry to bore everyone with the spec but I just thought i'd clear that up, Damien informed me about this thread after the evo driver offered me that race earlier tonight.
So basically 331bhp from a standard looking zr :w00t::police:

Original thread

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
thats crazy, would love to have seen the evo drivers face as it pulled away from him

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
here here ^^^^^ tell him to join up

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
wow thats impressive, get him on the site!

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
hahha i really really would have loved to see their faces.

that sounds like a bloody animal. After hearing that the t-series converted ZR's are immense i wonder what that would be like.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Yeah, try and get him on the site! :yes:

A T-16 turbo ZR will bother a Scooby, maybe even overtake it, but an Evo is in a different class!
Must be very well set up to trouble an Evo!

I wanna hear more! :)

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
wouldnt over 300bhp be a bit two much in a front drive motor?
Depends what gearbox/diffs etc your running ;)

300bhp on a T-series is fairly easy, maybe £1000-1500. Over 300bhp is getting into serious ££££-age.

Ive personally witnessed a 280bhp Corsa waste a fairly standard Evo 5 on a 30mph rolling start :yes:

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
just mean like with that ammount of power at front wheels, if you was to take it to the track, wouldnt it be a bugger to steer, with torque steer etc?
Oh, on a track the RWD and AWD motors would waste a FWD under normal circumstances.

In a straight line tho, anything is possible....................;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts