MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scratched by poor zr last week :eek:oops: ! ! ! !
Paint work is SunSpot Yellow - Heavy Pearlesent paint work!
My question is has anyone had any experience with Chips Away? They are a heck of a lot cheaper than a body shop but I now have doubts if they are up to the job. Reason being is the guy who looked at the dent I managed to put in it :eek:oops: :eek:oops: (who chips Away recommended!!) has said that he wouldn't use chips away for this paint work as it needs a large area to blend to make it look right (chips away basically treat the damaged area - some special technology??).

So chips away £110 + vat or body shop £280 + vat (cheapest quote so far)? ? ?

I do love my car & wouldn't want it to look crap! I am thinking a proper body shop, but I am a bit skint & if any of you guys have used chips away & they did a good job then I would def go with them.

·
455 Posts
chips away are really good, we use them at work to refurb paintwork. they are spoton.

·
Registered
775 Posts
i ended in court with chips away after the f..ked me car up 4 times , because the paint kept coming off and never looked the same shade,and they got very sh.ty when i got them back the 4th time. if its in a place not on show may be but if its on a panel thats in ya face get it done proper i ended up with £120 paid to chips away and £400 to a body shop after to fix it and it took 2 years to get me money back and while the claim was going through i couldnt get it fix so had to drive it round very p..sed off for quite a while, one of the things that was fixed was a dent and i was told latter they shouldnt do dents just scuffs , B........ds

1 - 3 of 3 Posts