MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fails at polls
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasnt to sure where to post this thread...however being a zr driver sure some others can sympathise...

The problem:

Im sick of everytime I leave my drive go to the end of a short lane onto a pretty busy road, some d!ck has park his car on the edge of the junction and I cant see to get out, my car has nearly been hit several time! there are a minium of 15 cars that use this junction daily, so is a pretty junction! thinking of all the times those 15 cars go back an forth in a day....SO does anyone happen to know the legal requirement someone should park from a junction? (I thought it was 10 meters) or where can I find this info out? and if I wanted to report them, could I? Ive left notices tonight, however I think ive wasted my time....

Sorry to have a rant, but I feel that my beloved zed could be at risk of getting damaged

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
It is ten meters lol. Where i live some knob decides to put their right next to a junction and there is no way i can see the road, im always creeping out and riskin being hit by other cars. I even get stupid looks from them.

·
Fails at polls
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get the exact same looks!!! just found out its the council ive got to ring, £30 fixed penalties...should go down a treat lol

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Wasnt to sure where to post this thread...however being a zr driver sure some others can sympathise...

The problem:

Im sick of everytime I leave my drive go to the end of a short lane onto a pretty busy road, some d!ck has park his car on the edge of the junction and I cant see to get out, my car has nearly been hit several time! there are a minium of 15 cars that use this junction daily, so is a pretty junction! thinking of all the times those 15 cars go back an forth in a day....SO does anyone happen to know the legal requirement someone should park from a junction? (I thought it was 10 meters) or where can I find this info out? and if I wanted to report them, could I? Ive left notices tonight, however I think ive wasted my time....

Sorry to have a rant, but I feel that my beloved zed could be at risk of getting damaged
Snap I have it in my ZR and you want to try it in a Honda S2000 with a massive bonnet, even worse.

Realistically there is bugger all you can do apart from being very cautious. I have often wondered what I could do should the worst happen.

All I can say is should it happen get plenty of pictures.

If you want to be really proactive and its the same person parking there, take pics and report to the Police but I doubt they'll get off their fat, pompous, self righteous, hypocritical ar$es and do anything.

·
Registered
506 Posts
yeah cops to idle round our parts they send there little community wardens round apparently they don`t need to be fueled with as many cakes and brews lol

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
I doubt the cops would do anything as it probably isnt a criminal offence. I have got exactly the same thing round my way and to make matters worse, it is a copper that parks his scooby on the corner. It isnt even as if he cant park as he has a designated car park next to mine but he has to walk an extra 20 meters if he parks there!

·
Magumbo Lover
511 Posts
Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done as there will be no traffic order in place. Ask you council for junction protection, ie. some double yellow lines in the immediate vicinity of the junction.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
People are just lazy.

There are two people who park vans just to the left of my driveway, so its so bloody difficult to reverse out & i have to be careful.

It wouldnt be so bad if the fat cow of a daughter didnt move back home.

She's like the laziest aggiest person ever! gah!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts