MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its the same engine as the zr 160, so the 1.8vvc. 156bhp. Thats one of the reasons i went for that variant as i had previous experience of the 1.8vvc.

Just helps that its much lighter, giving awesome acceleration.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Its the same engine as the zr 160, so the 1.8vvc. 156bhp. Thats one of the reasons i went for that variant as i had previous experience of the 1.8vvc.

Just helps that its much lighter, giving awesome acceleration.
I thought that the mk2 version had a toyota engine,same as the celica.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the later ones have the toyota lumps, but there are examples out there that have audi 1.8 turbo engines, type r engines, even supercharged type r lumps. One day i'll have some extra power :D

·
Registered
408 Posts
the later ones have the toyota lumps, but there are examples out there that have audi 1.8 turbo engines, type r engines, even supercharged type r lumps. One day i'll have some extra power :D
Wow,didn't know that.Did they upgrade the k-series,or can it still suffer HGF?Fingers crossed for you mate.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
whats insurance like? Being a group 20 it must be high? Whats it like to drive as an everyday day, is the ride uncomfortable? I remember my mum was going to get one but the interior was really minimal and unappealing?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It'd probably handly like crap on avos :D

Insurance is acceptable, enough but not a great deal more than when i had the zed and all its mods on a policy. IMHO the interior is gorgeous, it is minimalist with no toys but it doesn't have to be it isn't an arm chair on wheels.

·
Premium Member
14,041 Posts
yeh i see what your coming from, thats not built for comfort is it, its built for handling and killing people on corners lol
lovely motor, i didnt know the k-series went into them, i know the exige is it? the white one, has a supercharged toyota engine, the k-series is a bit of a slag aint she?haha

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I do like the lotus's, i think they are the best british car out there! Its strange how they never delvoped thier own engines for the elise. The only thing i would do to that elise is a nice full s/s Scorpion exhaust, they sound really good.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
t-series conversion ftw

na, nice motor that mate. looks very smooth. always wondered what these are like to drive

1 - 20 of 30 Posts