MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!! Im trying to remember the name of a comedy sketch show on BBC2 in the mid 90s, among the characters were "Colin Corleone" (He Thinks He's The Godfather) and the credit sequences looked like old 4 colour stylee comics.

I seem to remember a double decker bus and superheroes too for some reason...

Im not sure but I THINK some of the Dead Ringers & Smack The Pony cast were in it...

any links or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no...was much later than that me thinx....

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
not the 10 ocklock news then?

:D

·
1,431 Posts
The Glam Metal Detectives
UK, BBC (Peter Richardson Productions), Sitcom/sketch, Colour, 1995
Starring: Gary Beadle, Phil Cornwell, Doon Mackichan

Using as its linking device the technique of a random trawl through spoof cable/satellite TV channels, The Glam Metal Detectives was a lightning-paced sketch show which featured four recurring themes within its array of short visual jokes and soundbites. The main sketch each week was an adventure with the Glam Metal Detectives, a sort of secret-agent rock band pledged to take care of the world's ecological balance - led by their manager, the square-jawed Mark, they fight various nefarious threats to the balance of nature. This sketch ran throughout episodes, interrupted by the sudden zaps to other channels. Featuring regularly were 'Betty's Mad Dash', a satire of old TV (black and white) adventure serials, featuring Doon Mackichan as flapper Betty, a 1930s undercover agent, and Sara Stockbridge as her sidekick, the man-hungry Maisie;'The Big Me' a chat-show parody featuring Morag (Mackichan again) as an egomaniacal presenter; and 'Colin Corleone' (George Yiasoumi), a Londoner of supposed Italian extraction who behaved as if he was a mafia godfather.

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats the one...cheers Emz!!

Didnt it have that "everybody up, everybody down song?"

And no hob, he hasnt texted me, soz...

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Jib 21 said:
Thats the one...cheers Emz!!