MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sooner or later it was bound to happen, my car is a jynx after everthing that gone wrong with it.

i was driving down the road from ashurst to lyndhurst in southampton, behind another car doing about 80ish. They had done the loose chippings resurfacing, which in my idea is tottally bollocks and dangerous. the car in front obvously didnt notice the signs for the road and braked harshly just before the gravel. so i also had to brake harshly and just as i did, i hit the gravel. the car started to squirm and locked up, so i gave it some to straighten it up but it just flippled the other way, i done a 360 turn and went off the road, down a ditch, rolled the car over probably doing about 70mph. police, fire brigade, ambulance and a trip to hospital.

needless to say im pissed. TPTF only, car is totally wrecked, and thats £3500 down the drain.

Off down ringwood today to pick it up, ill get some pics up as i get them

does anybody want a 160 for spares ? :wall:

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Shame about the crash mate...but sounds as though you were travelling too fast and too close to the driver infront.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was about two or three car lengths away.

but yes, we were both going 20mph over the limit.

the stupid thing is the warning signs for the road were only like 10 metres before it stared.

·
Is Constantly Horny
5,063 Posts
+1 sounds 100% your fault but sad to hear it hope your ok

if you knew it was just resurfaced why would you be going that speed?

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Real shame about the crash mate. Sad to see yet another Zed go down the drain. Never a nice feeling having a crash so hope your not too bummed.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Bad news, but as you said, you were doing 20mph over the speed limit and you were only 2 or 3 car lengths behind the car in front. Nowhere near enough stopping distance. Glad your ok mate but you have to admit, if you werent driving so fast and so close you could have avoided the crash.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes i know i totally agree, a lesson learned.

another 3 years of loan payments for nothing...:(

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
yes i know i totally agree, a lesson learned.

another 3 years of loan payments for nothing...:(
Go bankrupt mate...seriously. Much easier and quicker and more painless than you think. In order to properly initiate the bankruptcy you need to prove you liabilities outweight your assets. Now than you dont have a car your down £3.5K on your assets but still have £3.5K liabilities.

It used to be that once you were bankrupt, you had a black mark for life. but not any more thanks to the Enterprise Act 2002 and new legislation in the Companies Act 2006. Only thing youll be hard pressed to do is become a company director, lawyer, accountant, member of parliament.

Alot of graduates would claim bankruptcy right after graduating uni as they have huge loan debt and no assets to show for it, but thats is now longer allowed which sucks.

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
NO..... DO NOT DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!

You will be fecked for life in terms of your credit rating...

Mortgage = NO

Personal Loan = NO

Finance = NO

Hire Purchase = NO

Seriously bad idea...

Regarding the issue you have said lesson learned.... Big friggin lesson...

Those stone chippins, feck your paint and you are actually supposed to drive slowly!
How old are you again?

:(

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
NO..... DO NOT DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!

You will be fecked for life in terms of your credit rating...

Mortgage = NO

Personal Loan = NO

Finance = NO

Hire Purchase = NO

Seriously bad idea...

Regarding the issue you have said lesson learned.... Big friggin lesson...

Those stone chippins, feck your paint and you are actually supposed to drive slowly!
How old are you again?

Like said bunkruptcy used to be bad because it caused all the above. But new legislation has changed alot of that due the fact that having bankrupts in the economy made the economy suffer with the way they were treated, now they cant be treated the same as they were before which helps the economy and also means its not so bad for bankrupts. The main aim of the new legislation is to allow someone who can pay their debts a way out, and to provide them with a life after the bankruptcy process has concluded. I only know this because my degree is in business management with business law.

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
I know you're saying new legislation protects/helps but at end of day declaring bankruptcy is never ever going to be a good option!

Seriously, he will still be regarded as having a sh11ty credit rating, and he's young too... I really cant see how it will ever be a good thing...

If its that easy then im sure 1000s of people will do that because its the 'easy way out'... What a load of toss... No worries dude, you're protected by law and you can live a sweet life once you get back on your feet... Credit... Sure, here is more money....

Interest, nah... we dont need to charge you, we trust you!

In that case ill declare myself bankrupt.... Woo free Civic... :-/

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I know you're saying new legislation protects/helps but at end of day declaring bankruptcy is never ever going to be a good option!

Seriously, he will still be regarded as having a sh11ty credit rating, and he's young too... I really cant see how it will ever be a good thing...

If its that easy then im sure 1000s of people will do that because its the 'easy way out'... What a load of toss... No worries dude, you're protected by law and you can live a sweet life once you get back on your feet... Credit... Sure, here is more money....

Interest, nah... we dont need to charge you, we trust you!

In that case ill declare myself bankrupt.... Woo free Civic... :-/
ITs the view youve got of bankruptcy that stops people claiming it. Its only recently that all the laws regarding it have changed, so people who dont deal with law regularly arent gonna know there is any difference. Im not gonna argue about it though, i know what the facts are and thats all ive stated here.

·
Boost ftw!!
1,493 Posts
That sux mate. No matter what anyone says, we all speed at some time. You were just unlucky this time. I had a small 1 a few weeks ago only doin about 10mph in reverse tho.Made a hole in the back bumper n i was gutted. Can only imagine how sh1t u feel. :rip: zed.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How old are you again?

yes and i always do, but as there was a car infront of me, i couldnt see the road ahead. and the signs for it were, in my opinion, not soon enough or i didnt see the first one, which ever.

hitting the stones at 80, then trying to brake to avoid hitting the car in front, is a tall order.

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
That sux mate. No matter what anyone says, we all speed at some time.
sorry but u cant use that one, even if he had been doing the speed limit he would have still more than likely binned it because of how close he was following,imo 2 or 3 car lengths isnt appropriate for 40 MPH, let alone 80.

sorry to hear about you crashing mate, truly i am, but if thats what it has taken to teach you not to drive so closely and have a more devastating accident (where someone is seriously injured) then so be it.

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
THE stupidest thing in the world is opting for TPFT insurance when you are young (actually, it's stupid regardless of age).

1 - 20 of 224 Posts