MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this subject gets raised a lot so :sorry: for raising it again.

I have just got hold of a 52mm throttle body. I don't see any problems in actually putting it on the car.

So the question is.

Is there generally any problem with uneven idling of the car afterwards or is that just a Rover 84ps conversion thing? Does the ECU sort itself out?

(Mine is a 1.4 ZR with K&N and a Blueflame zorst already fitted).

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Mine had a high idle but, i belive it was due to the throttle cable being to tense (causing it to stay open a bit) so i slackened it off and it was fine, you can allways take it to an mg garage for a tune up as mg-rover.org say :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
havin just bought the reciently(i dont think it's been out long)released haynes zr manual,the idle can also be jue 2 an air leak from improper throttle body fittin.accordin to the haynes the 4 nuts have 2 b tightened in a certain order.light permitin i'm gonna take mine off 2moz nite n gasket seal it and tighten the bolts in the correct order.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
i fitted mine 4 weeks ago matey along enclosed filter and full blue flame zorst and got no probs wot so ever! The idles the same as before. :up:

·
Registered
187 Posts
have you guys seen any improvement with the 52mm TB on ur 105's? was thinking of getting one to use with my viper kit but was adviced against it as it wouldnt make a differnce?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
z0mv1 said:
havin just bought the reciently(i dont think it's been out long)released haynes zr manual,the idle can also be jue 2 an air leak from improper throttle body fittin.accordin to the haynes the 4 nuts have 2 b tightened in a certain order.light permitin i'm gonna take mine off 2moz nite n gasket seal it and tighten the bolts in the correct order.....
can you post up the correct tightening order (and torque setting if there is one) please mate.

I don't have access to a Haynes manual ya see. :up:

·
Registered
258 Posts
np,here u go-

locate the throttle body on the inlet manifold,and fit and lightly tighten the fout bolts.working in sequence,use a torque wrench to tighten the bolts as follows-

tighten to 4nm.
back off one flat.
tighten to 9nm

some reason it wont show the pic so if u cant view it through the link heres the sequence-

tighten anti clockwise startin from the top left bolt(next 2 the bracket that hold the cable adjuster,gold coloured and throttle lever)

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks mate. I got the pic, just copied the link into my browser and picked it up there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts