MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, all my stuff has arrived now, and i have noticed, i now have 5 items, (sub, two 6x9, two comps) how in gods name am i gonna wire it into a 4 channel amp ? it aint gonna work is it :x:

·
1,626 Posts
Nope

You need 2 amps mate or should have bought a 5 channel amp (Like the one I am selling!!)

You could run the 6x9s off of your head unit though use 2 channels to power the comps and bridge the other two for the sub

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
grrrr, ok ill get a 2chan amp then i think, the reason i got the 4 chan one was because it was in a deal with the sub and speakers n fitting kit etc etc etc, cheers muz

·
1,626 Posts
Mind if you are running 2 amps you will need a power splitter and to use 4 awg cable

Use the same earths for both and keep all power cables away from rcas and speakers

Plus you need to ensure your h/u has 3 outputs. If it only has 2 you will need a Y lead for the RCAs

A lot of stress I know :'(

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ill have a word with the company i bought it off and see if they will swap out the 4chan (not been opened....too much) and replace it with a 5chan one and ill pay the extra cost + postage, they should do it, hopefully

·
1,626 Posts
However as you are still needing 5 channels you will need 3 sets of RCAs

THe sub channel is mono

I would run the 6x9s off of the head unit and use the amp for the components and the sub

Or get your money back and buy my amp :)) :lol:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Amp the components, Amp the Sub, Bin the 6x9's...

IMO you dont need 6x9's if you have a sub... You only distort the 6x9 bass when you try to turn ya sub up...

·
1,626 Posts
Winyard said:

IMO you dont need 6x9's if you have a sub... You only distort the 6x9 bass when you try to turn ya sub up...
I would agree but he's bought them now hasn't he!

Or he could put the 6x9s in the back door cards......

·
Registered
223 Posts
muz said:
Winyard said:

I would agree but he's bought them now hasn't he!

Or he could put the 6x9s in the back door cards......
True...

·
989 Posts
I disagree with people who say 6 by 9's are shit like ...

Ive got a rockford 9120 headunit
a Rockford P4004 Amp
A Rockford 12 inch P2 Sub
A 500 Watt maxx amp
Infinity 6 by 9's
(not sure what make) 45 watt components

My headunit runs the components with the rockford amp powering the sub and the other amp ( bridged ) powering the 6 by 9's ...

I can put the punch on and wack the volume up full belt and its unbelivably loud its also clear as fuck and im running the 6by9's amp on minimum power. Ive tuned it so my components and 6 by 9's dont give any base.

Ive herd a canny few 6 by 9's which sound shit but with these all i can say is good things.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Purpose of 6x9's is Tweet, Mid and Bass all in one... Thats why I didnt reccommend them, he has Bass, Tweet and Mid all in the package without 6x9's...

I'm running Focal K2 components, which use a Kevlar cone... And are some of the best for quality and loudness in components...

I have 2 JL W3 12" for bass, everything is amped and I dont see the need for 6x9's on my setup...

Just voicing my opinion :up:

Matt

·
1,626 Posts
The whole argument is

Where do you sit in the car the front or the back

If you sat in the back put compinents in there

But as you sit in the front you want the soundstage in the front

1 - 13 of 13 Posts