MG ZR Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick Question ...

Replacing the cat with a strait thru pipe ... Everyone is saying you need a eliminator from janspeed to stop your engine going into safe mode or sumthing like that.

But what i was wondering is what the hell is the second lambda sensor ? could you remove it or do something to it other than getting the eliminator. ??

oh and what is the eliminator ?? weblinks would be a massive help.

Cheers People.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
id replace the standard cat with a sports cat, by janspeed, decatting may actually decreace performance, since its a n/a car it needs some back pressure. This will also keep warranty and mot, and you wont risk up to a £1000 fine

·
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but a sports cat costs £££ ive already got the strait thru pipe lol and itll only cost me a fiver to get it changed.

when i had it on last time it did feel a bit quicker but as i say i got an engine management fault and decided to take it off.

just wondering if you can sort of cap the second lambda sensor off... if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Monkey Magic said:
yeah but a sports cat costs £££ ive already got the strait thru pipe lol and itll only cost me a fiver to get it changed.

when i had it on last time it did feel a bit quicker but as i say i got an engine management fault and decided to take it off.

just wondering if you can sort of cap the second lambda sensor off... if you know what i mean.

dont think you can, you start messing about with sensors and youll be in deep water, best bet is to phone up janspeed and have a chat with them, the sensor is about £20 (pm z0m1) hell tell you more he had to fit one.. i didnt \:D/ :mrsmiley:

·
Registered
4 Posts
the second lamba sensor is just a secondry oxy sensor, it checks wether the first readings are still in the manufactureers limits etc, also the MIL eliminator as its called( Malufunction Indication Light, (on the dash)) is just two resistor thingys wiried to the lamba sensor that sends back a signal to the ecu, telling it that it is in the manufacturers limits.

·
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
eh ??

so when the light comes on does it actually go into safe mode and restrict the performance or is it just letting you know summit is wrong ????

you well confused me there like

I need to know wether i can unplug or cap off the second sensor ... As its proving dificult getting a fuckin eliminator.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
mgman said:
what benifits do you get from a de cat pipe???

On a turbo it reduces back pressure so it improves performace on NA im not shure wont be any gains like on a turbo car thou tbh.

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey up all . ive decatted mine and also removed the centre silencer. i had the engine management light on but found a solution to keep it off . im me to find out how and i will reply with details.

·
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Eye good thinkin about the 2nd lambada sensor ... ill have to try it.

How did you change the center silencer ... just another bit of strait pipe welded in place ?

·
Registered
556 Posts
XPOWER-ROBBO said:
hey up all . ive decatted mine and also removed the centre silencer. i had the engine management light on but found a solution to keep it off . im me to find out how and i will reply with details.
Why not just post it up?

It's up on MG-Rover.org on how to create the emulator.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Stu is an admin on mg-rover :D

and kakatie appears to be a frequent poster

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hpw do you disconnect the pre xat lambada sensor as im changing the exhaust an cant get it off for tje life of me rusted on so was thinkong id I can disconect from the otjer end then I could remove it from tje exhaust when its off tje car rather than hanging bu the wire . Tje wire seems to be about a foot lomg an goes into a orange rubber seal how do you remove it any ideas

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.