MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know approximately what a 2nd year service on a diesel should cost? I just want to double-check what the dealer comes back to me with. Thanks in advance! :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well my dealer just came back to me with the following...

2nd Service:
Fully synthetic oil £315 (MG recommended)
OR
Semi-synthetic oil £280

Air con - filter change included in above price.

Cue sharp intake of breath :shock: Apparently the second service is a major service rather than a minor one but this still seems steep to me. Maybe it's because I'm used to petrol engine servicing costs which apparently are usually cheaper...

·
Former Site Owner
3,525 Posts
Just phoned Mine

for the Full Service it is £210.00

Thats with the Full Synthetic Oil Change

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ZRVic - I'm glad it wasn't just me thinking it was alot then!!! :lol:

Hoogie - it's on 17k now. I like your figure better.... I'll try another dealer.

·
Former Site Owner
3,525 Posts
rich_b said:
ZRVic - I'm glad it wasn't just me thinking it was alot then!!! :lol:

Hoogie - it's on 17k now. I like your figure better.... I'll try another dealer.

servicing is every 12 on the Diesel

Not that mine saw one at 12

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True, or every year - whichever comes soonest. Mine is now at it's 2nd anniversary.

I just phoned another dealer (EMG Croydon which I think is part of the same group as my local dealer) and strangely they said that MG don't recommend a fully-synthetic oil for the diesel - just the semi. Their price for the semi-synthetic was £220 with aircon service.

Now I'm very confused.... I'm thinking about going to back to my local dealer and seeing if they'll do it for £220.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
i paid £200 for my 1st service and got my 24k 2nd service for FREE,(2 monthes back),,,as my dealer had messed me about a bit..so i demanded some freebies :D

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
the tdi should be serviced every 12k.......
my 12k one was £177.that inc oil (silver unipart),filter,fuel filter,drain plug washer,fob battery,screen wash,2 hoseclips, 2 1/4 hrs labour.

the 24k service they change the air filter,brake fluid,otherwise the same as the 12k.
36k is the same as the 12k service
48k they change the antifreeze,drive belts,brake fluid,and the 12k service.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's useful to know! It sounds like you got a good price for your 1st service with that oil - I found this about it on Google "It is semi-synthetic 10w 40 and it extremely high-quality (hence it usually being over £20). There is an audible difference to the running of the car between that and other oils."

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
vanity said:
i just phone my car dealer for a new cam belt. he told me its every 48k, is that right?
I don't know for sure but it sounds about right. It was around 45-50k on my old Astra. They have to be replaced before they get too old because a failure could knacker your engine.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
on the tdi they change all the belts at 48k.....
just had a price for the 36k.£196 inc vat.but that was from another mg dealer....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts