MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
feel the power !!!!!!!!! i am tempted to get mine mapped but going to finish the mods first to get op performance

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
where is it being mapped matey?

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where is it being mapped matey?
Adrian from fensport is coming to me, road mapping.

He already has a load of base maps that just need a tweak.

Car has just been mapped and it is spot on!

Sweet baby jesus at the launch control and antilag :fun:

When Adrian pressed the launch control (4,000 + rpm whilst stationary) it was literally a nuclear bomb from the exhaust, twas the loudest thing I have ever heard :whistle:

Anti lag is a bit good :)

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
still not as loud as my diesel GT though :p

Nice one Hobulous! :D

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
Adrian from fensport is coming to me, road mapping.

He already has a load of base maps that just need a tweak.

Car has just been mapped and it is spot on!

Sweet baby jesus at the launch control and antilag :fun:

When Adrian pressed the launch control (4,000 + rpm whilst stationary) it was literally a nuclear bomb from the exhaust, twas the loudest thing I have ever heard :whistle:

Anti lag is a bit good :)
Adrian is a talented chap mate he made the first 200mph corrolla 3sgte again iirc.

I know what you mean about the launch control crazy how quick it gets off the line

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know what you mean about the launch control crazy how quick it gets off the line
He he..

Showed my father last night.

Baaa baaa baaa (thud) booom.

Shot off the line (private land (no really)).

Forget 0-60 :mama:

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so how do anti-lag and launch control work then?
Anti lag is on a switch, altough I will need a throttle kicker for it to work 100% the launch control is set based on stationary + 4000 rpm where it rev limits.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry perhaps i worded the question wrongly, i didnt mean how are they activated, i mean what are they? lol
ALS is where fuel is injected and the spark is cut, coupled with retarded ignition it creates an explosion in the exhaust manifold, which spools the turbo (mixed with air it is very violent)

Launch control i'm not 100% on but I think it does spool the turbo (either through load or als style) limits revs to 4,000 rpm and increaces the rev limit based on speed up to normal rev cut.

Launch control is very violent as well, produces instant acceleration without wheel spin.

Not 100% on the motec way of doing launch control, will have a read up.

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
4WD cars transmissions don't last long with Launch Control. Imprezas chew gearboxes if its used too much. What pressure is your Anti-Lag set to? One of the guys on Scoobynet has his set at 3psi so he can use it without it wrecking his turbo.

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
ALS is where fuel is injected and the spark is cut, coupled with retarded ignition it creates an explosion in the exhaust manifold, which spools the turbo (mixed with air it is very violent)

Launch control i'm not 100% on but I think it does spool the turbo (either through load or als style) limits revs to 4,000 rpm and increaces the rev limit based on speed up to normal rev cut.

Launch control is very violent as well, produces instant acceleration without wheel spin.

Not 100% on the motec way of doing launch control, will have a read up.
sounds engine threatening...

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
4WD cars transmissions don't last long with Launch Control. Imprezas chew gearboxes if its used too much. What pressure is your Anti-Lag set to? One of the guys on Scoobynet has his set at 3psi so he can use it without it wrecking his turbo.
Transmission isn't too much of a problem,

Adrian afaik only broke his gearbox when using a tripple plate clutch and 2.0 Bar worth of first gear launch, the clutch will go before the gearbox, it isn't a puk clutch so will slip before the gearbox gets loaded.

5/600 bhp can be taken on the stock box, although most tend to go dog box for the 200 mph stuff, a tad extreme for me, but in stock form the gearbox is very well designed.

The psi can't be set at the moment as I'm not injecting air, its on the mildest setting, but I haven't really "used it" yet, will need a throttle kicker in order to inject air and properly spool the turbo.

I'm tempted by a wrc turbo, already have an inconel manifold (to fit) although the exhaust valves do tend to run a bit hot with als.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nope not for the engine but the Turbos don't like Anti Lag and the Transmissions don't like Launch Control. Just as expensive as the engine though lol
Turbo is easy to change :D

Making the turbo glow white hot so you can see the blades spinning is not so good though :D

But I'm hardly going to use ALS, its just to scare people every now and then ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts