MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got 19's on my 3dr ZR, just wondering if anyone else has and if so do they rub on the rear?

The fronts fine, still get full lock and all but the rear rubs on big bumps and sharp corners, just wondering as i do have one heavy install in the boot, would that be most likely the problem rather than the 3dr arches?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep mines lowered on Avo springs possibly that'll be why then?

Air Suspension on the 14th March have to hold out till then :wallb: well cars away the next week for some major work anyway :wohow: :up:

·
Registered
775 Posts
are they scrubing the arch lip or else where??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Scrubbing else where, i think it's the weight of the stereo install pushing the suspension down.

I've just been driving it and it's rubbing very rarely on bumps now, check tyres and they're not damaged so no sure what it was catching on and it's only the left hand side now?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Might be a longshot but are you sure that your rear wheels are 100% true? If they dont point straight forward its possible they might rub under cornering etc.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nac said:
Might be a longshot but are you sure that your rear wheels are 100% true? If they dont point straight forward its possible they might rub under cornering etc.
possibly it's out as i've ripped my suspension off before after having an alloy wheel and concrete block chucked at me while doing 60mph the front wheel cracked the suspension snapped and on the rear the wheel got ripped off destroying the suspension.

:wallb: why me...

I have ways of making it work... operation think of a cunning plan is underway

·
989 Posts
Ive got a canny heavy install like and mines dropped 50mm on 17's ...

when i hit bump with people in the back it rubs like.

theres like a lip on the inside of your arch is you heat this up and bend it in it shud stop them rubbing... if you dont you could end up ripping your tyre and im pritty sure that tires for 19inch rims are expensive.

oh and make sure you have some clean varnish stuff incase your paint cracks... youll need to put it on to stop it from rusting.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Block of wood and hammer :up: no rubbing today :hiding:

It's in the bodyshop this week being worked on and i've asked them if it'll pose any problems now

1 - 17 of 17 Posts