MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know @ the end of the day it's down to personal preference. But @ the mo I'm running on 17's, but am now considering ungrading to no bigger than 18's. More for the looks side I guess to continue on with the 'touring car' theme I'm trying to achieve with the car LoL. Would this bring much if any dramatic change(s) too the look of the car weather lowered or not, other than filling in the arches slightly better and making the car sit lower of course. Any Pros & cons/ help or advice would be much appreiated. Thanku.

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
18" look the best on a ZR and fill the arches alot nicer. Ive noticed no difference in handling.

·
Rolling on 18s
579 Posts
im rolling on 18s mate thinking of selling them and going back to 17s, but the 18s do look better.......... mines lowerd on red avos and have no rubbing and the handling is great better than with the 17,s but i have gone from 205/45/17 to 215/35/18 in tyre sizes lol...

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow what a great responce!!! Wasn't expecting that LoL. Thanku very much all. I think that has now encouraged me enough to look out for a set of 18's Wolfrace alloys like my current 17's LOL. Thanks again!

·
Registered
352 Posts
in UK i would like to go for 18 :) ... but f*kkkkkkkkkkkED roads in Latvia, just cant do that :) .... alloys will get oval after couple weeks :)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Looks good that. I would say go 18s (possibly similar design to straights). Don't touring cars usually have full body kits too, not sure I would do that to a zed. Good luck with what you decide

·
Registered
626 Posts
just a lil bit off topic..
ive got 18s...really need 2 be lowered tho...
im thinking on red avos...
will i still be able 2 fill the car up with mates? say me driving and 3others?
will ther be major rubbing or will i be alrite?
what about 17s with a car full?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.