MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just bought a large bore inlet manifold(with blue injectors :mrsmiley: ) for the 160 to put on my 105 and need some advice if poss.....

Firstly has anyone else done this mod?

Is it an easy job to fit [-o< , if so anyone got any advice/previous experience?

Along with the 52mm TB what sort of power gains am i likely to get? =;

Cheers in advance for any comments given

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Hi m8, do you have any other mods? i.e through exhaust or closed induction kit etc? I think the manifold can be a bit of a bugger unless you know what your doing as the Janspeed manifold is the next mod for my 160.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As yet all i've done is replace the panel filter! i was planning to put the manifold, 52mm TB , an open pipercross cone( with feeds) and a blue flame back box on all at the same time! (guess whos been saving up)

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
did you win it on ebay? cos i saw one on there and was going to bid, but spoke to someone who said it would hamper performance, as the 1.4 being a shorter stoke wouldnt benefit from a lot more oxygen.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Interesting, but wouldn't suprise me hob. Somethings you think will improve performance can actually reduce it :eek:hwell:
yea i was well annoyed ](*,) ah well cams and pully await :mrsmiley:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So far i've only got a replacement panel on. The plan was to put the manifold, 52mm TB a pipercross open cone filter and a blue flame back box on all together!! (guess whos been saving up!!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Either way its worth a go i got the lot for £220!
Is it likely that i'll have to adjust the tuning or ecu after adding these mods?
Any know of anyone else doing this to a 105?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Droog where are you ? you have all the logical answers, will this be benificial to the power of my zed?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
*Gangstar* said:
Either way its worth a go i got the lot for £220!
Is it likely that i'll have to adjust the tuning or ecu after adding these mods?
Any know of anyone else doing this to a 105?

for a bit more than that powerflow would have made one and installed it for about 6-10 BHP

·
Registered
556 Posts
The new injectors are pointless as you will not be exceeding the fueling capabilities of the current ones.

Those mods will take the 105 to about 112-115bhp. 120-125bhp is just not going to happen unfortunately with those.

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
To take advantage of the extra fuelling you are going to need to improve the breathin and exhaust but you are going to see bugger allperformance and maybe even detrimental unless you have the ecu remapped/chipped.

You are probably going to need an uprated fuel pump as well but I am not certain.

Mixing and matching bits in the hope that you might just improve the performance without research or a rolling road can just as easily make things worse than better. Hope it is the former for you

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
from speaking to other people aswell i have learned that the injectors are a bit of a waste of time so i wasnt too shocked on that one!
if i were to put the manifold on with my current injectors surely this would be of some benefit with the filter,TB and exhaust?
(cheers for all suggestions by the way thinkin i shoud've looked more into this before buying!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Prob won't be going on till after it's service(december) but will definately let you know the results

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yes you will see some benefit. More responsiveness than outright horse power.

Depends on the induction kit and airflow more than anything.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts