MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has gone into EMG Epsom this morning and got a Rover 25 courtesy proper Sh1tter!!! Anyway anyone no what they do as my car has not reached 15000 miles yet but this is its second annual service??

Anyone no a idea of the price too??

Gotta get them to replace my rear view mirror as it keeps shakin on bumpy roads and also one of my centre blowers as its all broken off!!! :wallb:

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Sooo many people use EMG :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am happy to say I have only had to go once since had the car and that was for a new window motor as previous one was juddering the glass up and down. But so far so good..... if anyone has probs let me know and vice versa also post the Service Advisors name. :up:

GRim: I will let ya know but from what I heard from others the price varies depending on the Stealer..........Dealer

·
Registered
242 Posts
Cool, another EMG customer. My cars with them today for a service. We should get them to do a forum discount. :wink:

My 2nd service is costing £220 but it's a diesel so your price would be different. Haven't you agreed a price with EMG yet?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah we shud actually U wanna look into this??? I have not agreed a price with them no...... shud i of?? Mine is in today as well dropped it in...... OMG talking of the devil they just phoned its ready now :up: will let ya know the result when i get a chance to go get it prob be about 3:30 :wohow:

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
^^^ ask them if they will give us a Discount :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will do....... maybe they wud put some flyers on ther sevice desk if we asked them wud be good publicity for the site???

·
Registered
242 Posts
Stevee said:
Yeah we shud actually U wanna look into this??? I have not agreed a price with them no...... shud i of??
I would always recommend agreeing a price in advance. Sometimes dealers will quote the highest price they think they can get away with and expect you to negotiate. Now I'm not saying at all that EMG do that, however, when I arranged my service and queried the high initial quote the service manager told me that the first quote I got was a "guide price". My assumption is that if I'd have immediately booked after the first quote, that is the figure I would have been charged. I only got a lower quote by phoning other MG dealers and then telling EMG what I had found.

Are you sure they never gave you a price when you made the booking? That surprises me! Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No they never gave me a price when i booked rich. Will let ya know how i get on!!!! Cheers for the info tho :up:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rite.........

Just got car back end result was I got stung £284.66 also they seem to think the heavily corroded rear silencer is not covered by warranty???!!! :guns: I also could not help but notice they must have a serious problem with bird crap on cars there they didnt do a very good job washing my car still bird crap on windscreen from yesterday where a bird crapped dead centre so used my wipers and it left all the dried bits where wipers stop also got a massive lump of bird crap on my roof, the thing i find funny is the courtesy was covered in bird crap too!!!!??!?!?!!

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
did you get a care package? with like a shammy etc?

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Stevee said:
yes I did get the care pack.... still confused about this corroded silencer???!!
they only cover it under 1yrs warranty, as its calssed as a usable part, like brakes etc, and its not stainless i dont think.

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
hob said:
Stevee said:
yes I did get the care pack.... still confused about this corroded silencer???!!
they only cover it under 1yrs warranty, as its calssed as a usable part, like brakes etc, and its not stainless i dont think.
which is why u should come to the janspeed meet and get their new 6x4 backslash oval pipe for 210quid odd and fitted for free! :up:

·
Registered
242 Posts
What Hob said about the silencer sounds about right to me.

Does everyone get a care pack? I'll look forward to finding out...

I get to keep the Rover 25 for another day as my ZR has a cooling system leak which they are fixing up tomorrow. I shall check it for bird crap. :wink:

·
Registered
200 Posts
i had my second yr servise done last week at clemo mg/rover near bradford for the princely sum of £145.32p now mines a 105 so i dunno if theres a diff between 160 and 105 but it looks like there could be....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WHAT THE FCUK!!!!! £145 :guns: I am defo up 4 the janspeed meet someone pm me details!!! :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts