MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rite i wana put a 160 lump in my car in bout 9 months time,is it easy has ne1 done this b4?and b4 u say no i dont wana sell mine and jus get a 160.coz i can get a cheap engine.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Mate to be completly honest with you its not worth it IMO. You have to change loom as well so its not a conversion for the faint hearted, you need to know exactly what your doing.
Spend the money on your current engine - i can relate to conversions as i have looked and thought very hard over the last few months, after speaking to Dave andrews i plan to have one of the fastest 1.6 k series NASP engines around.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
You have to upgrade the brakes, gear box etc is it really worth it? you could probably get a 160 quite cheap now... If your gonna do an engine conversion go for the CTR engine :D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
the work for a CTR engine will take you into the 10K region and thats for the minimal equipment as you need alot of work done

·
Registered
193 Posts
To be perfectly honest why go through all the hassle of a bloody engine conversion!!!!????? :eek:

If you want more power then buy a different car!

I dont mind people modifying cars but when they go over the top they become dangerous to pedestrains and other road users! in my opinion unless the car is built in factory conditions I wouldn't want to drive it let alone buy it - when you come to sell it you'll struggle! Its not safe, especially if the whole set up is not done correctly! You dont seem to know what needs doing so how can you justify doing it and doing it properly?

Its a stupid idea, pathetic! [-X

Juat buy a secondhand 160

My comments might annoy several 'petrolheads' but some people here are just ruining their cars! [-X

·
Registered
298 Posts
That seems a bit harsh, to be fair the guy never asked you to buy it or drive it!! =; =;
I think people should be allowed to do what they want to their car, as after all it is THEIR car!!!
I dont see how moddin your car is a danger to pedestrians unless they fall down a hole whilst walking and looking at a modded zed!!!!!!! :lol: \:D/

·
Registered
890 Posts
problem is cost and the outcome. For the amount he gets the engine for, plus the drive train, PLUS the brakes/suspension and wiring for... he could buy a 160 and have ABS and A/C thrown in. It just doesn't follow logic apart from "i'm bored and want to do something with my car", i did that with my SEi, i was 2 weeks away from getting it turbo converted and then thought differently and got myself a GSi Turbo cause the insurance was like £500 cheaper

·
Registered
13 Posts
ZED-R said:
To be perfectly honest why go through all the hassle of a bloody engine conversion!!!!????? :eek: ..........I dont mind people modifying cars but when they go over the top they become dangerous to pedestrains and other road users! in my opinion unless the car is built in factory conditions I wouldn't want to drive it let alone buy it
Interesting outlook. In what way would such a conversion be over the top??

On the subject personally i dont think its worth it. Much easier to sell yours and buy a 160.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts