MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was just wonder if any one has fitted a 160 air filter to a 105? if so any problems with it? my mates sellin one an just wondering if it would go on my 105, thanks guys :up:

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
the elbow that connects the OE filters in both is the same size.

Been looking at piperX vipers and they use the same kit on the 105+ with ABS as on the 160

·
Registered
218 Posts
they use the same viper on most cars - i have a saxo vts one on mine its generally the pipe size,angle which might vary and you might have to block up the small feed hole to the sensor - nothing you cant get round - the cold air feed and size of the unit is generally standard so it allows the same amount of air in

G

·
dave0109 said:
the 160 filter is the same as the air filter in your 105 so it will make no difference

Dave
Dont think it is. The 160 uses a bigger air box and the filters are bigger plus the 160 has a warm air feed to the sir box to detune it whereas the 105 dosent.

·
Registered
85 Posts
the warm air feed goes into the resonating chamber not the air filter box so that would make no difference unless he changes that as well. and i'm sure K&N list a replacement panel filter that fits 105, 120 and 160 airboxes suggesting that they are all the same size.

Even if it is different though.. there would be hardly any performance gain unless using an aftermarket (K&N etc) filter, but you may find that this would give the same performace gain if it were in the oe box..

conclusion.. don't buy it.. buy and aftermarket panel filter for about 30 quid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts