MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right i was talking to someboy in my area last night who drives a st focus, and he was saying hes had 2 sts and a rs and a mg zr(he said a mid life crisis) so i asked about the mg wat engine it was ect he said the 120(same as mine) he said all the difference between the 120 and 160 is the bore on the throttle body, where as i thought it was down to a vvc head and ecu ect? is he right?

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
lol i thnk wud hav a 160 out of my 120 tomoro if tha was the case

wow 40 bhp just from 4mm of throttle body

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
lol, yeah like youve said mate, totally different head, different cam profiles, vvc mech, bigger valves, different etc map, tell him hes a dork.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
get a 160 on cilovers and it will beat the st round a track :D
erm maybe thats a tad optimistic! lol
a 1.8VVC vs the volvo T5 engine (2.3 V5 turbo) in a car renowned for handling well lol

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
lol, yeah like youve said mate, totally different head, different cam profiles, vvc mech, bigger valves, different etc map, tell him hes a dork.
You're wrong, the only difference between the 120 and the 160 is that the latter sports a +25bhp MG ROVER ZR ZR TF 25 45 Tuning Chip 1p NR! as standard.

·
Car gone. :(
2,120 Posts
and if you remove the OE aerial and stick on a bee sting one it reduces drag by 75%!

·
Registered
117 Posts
diffrence between the zr 120 & 160??? vvc (varible valve timing), so at aroound 5k the valves slow down enabling for more air and more fuel to be combusted = more power

kinda the same as the v-tec

1 - 20 of 34 Posts