MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well no its not runnign 190 but whilest your here, read below.

I currently have a 105 and want to keep and 105 as tax is rising.
what i would like to do is to tune the engine to get as much out of it as possible(and out of my pocket).

If i was to get an airfilter, manifold, full exhaust system a few other mods, would the standard head gasket hold, as i have heard like everyone else has that they go quite alot.

would i need to do anything to the head before tuning or whilest tuning the engine?

Any help would be very much appreciated

Cheers.
(sorry theres no 190bhp 105 ZR)

·
Need a new car!
2,054 Posts
Tune and cheap dont go in the same sentance im afraid!

·
R5 GT TURBO OWNER
3,131 Posts
if your worried about the head gasket uprate to a land rover one before you start doing anything

·
the saaaaaaaaaaaame!
2,490 Posts
get it port and polished. you can buy the unprated head gasket, but the head gasket only goes if you dont look after the engine. keep an eye on your oil / coolant levels, let the engine get up to temp before redlining etc and you'll be fine

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if your worried about the head gasket uprate to a land rover one before you start doing anything
how much would one of those be? are they easy to do or would i need to get some one to do it. i am ok with the basics but nothing major

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
get it port and polished. you can buy the unprated head gasket, but the head gasket only goes if you dont look after the engine. keep an eye on your oil / coolant levels, let the engine get up to temp before redlining etc and you'll be fine
superb advice---- Blue peter badge for you in the post!!

·
R5 GT TURBO OWNER
3,131 Posts
if you want get more outta it drop some 1.6 pistons and liners in to start along with full exhaust system, induction etc

·
R5 GT TURBO OWNER
3,131 Posts
then if your after top power a set of piper 270 cams with verniers and if your pockets are deep enough a set of jenvey dth throttle bodies

·
Need a new car!
2,054 Posts

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One hand your wanting cheap tax to save money on tax but dont mind paying over the odds to tune hmmmmmmm :evil:
well i dont fancy having a 120 or 160 as the tax is hugh, but in the mean time i will tune the car yeah, at least its a bit different to buying a bigger engined car. i was just stating that the tax is going up and is adding 100 pound to the existing price.

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
well i dont fancy having a 120 or 160 as the tax is hugh, but in the mean time i will tune the car yeah, at least its a bit different to buying a bigger engined car. i was just stating that the tax is going up and is adding 100 pound to the existing price.
drop a 2.0l turbo in it it, its cheaper to tax than a 1.4 and you get the most bhp per £

·
Need a new car!
2,054 Posts
Assuming your going to tell your insurance about these performance mods, it will therefore increase your insurance costs, and therefore would probs cheaper just to get the 120.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts