MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i buy a set of electric mirrors for my 105, how hard are they to get working?

Is the wiring in for them or do u have to do a lot of work?

Thanks
Rob :eek:hwell:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
In theory...the wiring is there already, but in my 04 105 Zed, it isn't - at least it isn't in the doors.

I was goin to do the same mod, but it was too much messing, when I got the door panels off.

Don't forget you will also need a new plinth for inside the door as well as a switch and mirror, cos the bit you have in there now, has the hole for the manual mirror adjuster

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DriveBy said:
Don't forget you will also need a new plinth for inside the door as well as a switch and mirror, cos the bit you have in there now, has the hole for the manual mirror adjuster
Good point i did not think of that!

I will just stick to getting the windows make electric

·
Registered
899 Posts
im selling a pair of electric wing mirrors, the wiring should already be there in the car, all you need is the switch in the car.

·
Banned
1,364 Posts
its in the loom just not where u think :) wires come throught he chasis into the door loom for leccy windows ends there, u have get the bit from th emirror to the rest of the loom im 99% sure of it

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nitr0genics said:
its in the loom just not where u think :) wires come throught he chasis into the door loom for leccy windows ends there, u have get the bit from th emirror to the rest of the loom im 99% sure of it
thanks m8

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a 53 105 which had manual mirrors, i upgraded to electric which i fitted and also the switch, but there is NO loom from the door to the mirror :-k

I adjusted em to where i want em and they have been that way for 6 months!! I will do it one day, just when i know where to get the wiring from :-^

·
Registered
717 Posts
In theory...the wiring is there already, but in my 04 105 Zed, it isn't - at least it isn't in the doors.

I was goin to do the same mod, but it was too much messing, when I got the door panels off.

This is the same problem which I have. Does anyone know how I can sort this out because I dont really want to take it to a MG garage if i can do it myself.

Answers please anyone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts