MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all can anyone help I am to replace my backbox on my 105 in the next couple of weeks, problem is I dont know what type I ought to get, I have just had a great price for a 'JAP STYLE' slash cut, but would this suit the zr, i know they have a great 'beefy sound' or do i go for a oval type.

Please advise as this is doing my head in, I keep thinking 'jap style' but then would it suit, please help.
You can see the jap style I have enquired if you search for 'topgear exhausts'

cheers in anticipation... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
probs £200 max inc fitting, the jap style' is actually a manufacturer, its offering lifetime guarantee.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
It is really up to you, the magnex and xpower oval ones give nice bass and occasionally pop. A jap one will have the fast and furious roar. Personally i'm going for a quiet one and probbably a twin round pipe

·
Registered
145 Posts
im gona be biast and say go for the blueflame oval exhaust, theres one on ebay at the moment of if you contact nige at blueflame he should sort you out for £150ish. u have that money burning a whole then go for it!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ive got the Magnex (Back Box only) on a 105, 4" tailpipe, and I love the look of it, nice gentle burble at lower revs, but it turns heads when u get a bit heavy on the go peddle!!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts