MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well heres the story...

Travelling back down the A1 heading towards A14 get a traffic report saying accident on A14 and 2 hour delays, thought ah ha! short cut back way.

Heading back way, go past Skoda, going prob quicker than i should and... there is a dead deer in the road.

With the kit on the car couldn't go over the deer so instead it smashed to tiny pieces. Now i'm sporting side skirts from the Cadamuro kit and.. that's it ](*,)

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
no way

sorry to hear that mate but to be honest wouldnt have mattered what you was driving ,hit a deer dead or not and its gonna be brutal solid lump . hope you get it sorted soon

·
Registered
899 Posts
Shit mate! sorry to hear that! By the sound of it you have had a lucky escape could have been a lot worst!

·
892 Posts
You gonna redo the kit? or just leave it now?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Andy MGZR120 said:
Well heres the story...

Travelling back down the A1 heading towards A14 get a traffic report saying accident on A14 and 2 hour delays, thought ah ha! short cut back way.

Heading back way, go past Skoda, going prob quicker than i should and... there is a dead deer in the road.

With the kit on the car couldn't go over the deer so instead it smashed to tiny pieces. Now i'm sporting side skirts from the Cadamuro kit and.. that's it ](*,)

Oh deer :lol: that sounds bad.

Only joking sorry to hear that mate.Hope you get it sorted soon.

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
after your luck ovr the time i've known you andy, this is all you really needed.

you still doing what you said on BC? putting her back to standard and then flogging her?

·
Big Slicks agony uncle
1,885 Posts
I have a mate with a trophy red ZR and when I first met him the bonnet had been totally wrecked through a deer jumping out of nowhere straight onto it while he was doing 70.

I hit a deer once as well. Thankfully it was with a train which was undamaged. The deer was a right off though.

Ewan.

·
1,626 Posts
I have hit 3 deers in total

2 at once that almost wrote off my mini and one in my ** (Word banned for fear of laughter, well I had a huge system in it) at 80mph on the motorway

That one hurt!

·
1,626 Posts
No Honest mate it was a em porsche turbo yeah

It was nice like had it for 2 years thrashed it everywhere and didn't have a single problem with it apart from my mates laughing

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh no, it dosen't seem like u have much luck

When i went on BC a while ago u were having probs and was gonna sell it!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep the ZR shall be going, it'll be put back to normal, i;ve managed to have the rear saved and fixed but the front is in so many pieces thats gone for good.

Keeping it till March at which stage i'll have around £20k to spend on a new car, annoying thing was well my ZR was booked in March for the following...

Hydraulics,
200 way flip paint,
New Custom Front,
20" chromes where due to be made to fit
Turbo'd,

Been saving the last 6 months, Feb is bonus month, was gonna chuck about £8k into the car.

No idea what to get? if a turbo'd ZR came out i'd jump straight on the wagon but now i've no idea

1 - 20 of 25 Posts