MG ZR Forums banner

England V Algeria

4K views 99 replies 26 participants last post by  Reptile_16 
#1 ·
right after the weekends poop perfermance, im going with a

England 2 Algeria 1 scoreline :trampoli:

#26 ·
agree we shouldnt all take the piss, but it is not really out of character for him or david james or paul robinson or scott carson or ben foster, they do it all the time.

It's become one of those stereo types which will be hard to shake off, like England's approach and expectations of penalty shoot outs, until we win a few in a row the negative attitude towards them will not be lost. Same with the keepers, until the keepers go a sustained period of time without making a shocking mistake they are going to be labelled. A few years ago David James aka calamity-james would make a mistake every 3-4 games and it was only until he had a couple of awesome seasons at pompey that he lost that nickname

#25 ·
I hate this whole ball excuse, it is actually heavier than the ball used at the last world cup so that rules out about 65% of excuses.

It is rounder than any other ball previously made which is causing the problems, but again look at germany they have been training with the ball for 6 months and they seem to be clinical with it. The best players such as ronaldo and messi have no problem with it, I think because of all the hype about it, players just think they can smash it as hard as they can and it will cause the keeper problems, but are forgetting they need to not smash it over the bar!

#30 ·
i'm goin for england 3.. algeria 1.. dont no much about football but like watchin the world cup its a patrioctic thing i suppose :) and after the USA game i think Fabio wudve done some a** kickin gettin them to push and play more as a team .

i think green deserves another chance:unsure:but then hart dose need to gain the experience in these earlier rounds for wen the games get harder.

#42 ·
Sounds like what they were predicting yesterday.
I'm not happy with any of those three things tbh.

Gerrard can't perform at his best on the left, James plays well for 89 mins and then has a rush of blood to the head and makes a ridiculous decision and Heskey, well, we'll not even go there shall we...

#43 ·
how does Carragher get into the first team, its a joke, he got ar*e raped by Altidore in the first game, has no pace and still gets in the team

got to show something better tonight for any hope really, too much hype n not enough action, too many good club players but not team players together

#46 ·
heskey annoys the hell out of me hes on the floor more than what he is on his feet

i agree about carragher with both of you hes not upto it but like jay said who else have we got? its a shame that ledley knigs out he plays awesome for us when hes not injured.

rooney and defoe to start and then crouch at half time imo

i dont see how he can play heskey for more than a half he couldnt even run after 60 mins against usa

#51 ·
i absolutely hate that wrinkly ball bag faced capello i think makes some of the weirdest decisions ever, why take lennon off and then put defoe on, they play with each other every week, and england need some fluencey between the players, especially as lennon was probably one of the better players of the match (although that wasnt exactly hard)

and rooney needs to sort his attitude out he just sulks and gives up

:wall:

and heskey should not play more than a half if he plays like that when you got the likes of defoe and crouch on the bench, heskey done a couple of good things against america, and everyone thinks hes amazing hes still a clumsy oaf

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.