Help Required With Aircon - theMGZR.co.uk :: MG ZR forum
Go Back   theMGZR.co.uk :: MG ZR forum > Modding and Help > Engines, Exhausts,Gearbox,Tuning,Induction,Cooling
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008, 02:55   #1 (permalink)

a11an160zr is on a distinguished road
Help Required With Aircon

right ppl needing a quick bit of advice. My aircon has stopped working on the 160. when i press the button on the dash i can still hear the pump/motor coming on so i know thats fine. however it doesnt cool the car as aircon should so thinking it needs re-gassed. Going to try the regas charge kit from halfords. had some good feedback about it so hopefully it should work, just wanting to know where the recharge/bleed valve is for the aircon? cheers guys i know use will come through for me!
a11an160zr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2008, 14:21   #2 (permalink)

Threadstarter
aww come on 10 views no replies??????????
Old 04-10-2008, 11:28   #3 (permalink)

Frekkel is on a distinguished road
did you check your interior filter if it isn't full of dust? (behind the gloveboxcompartiment)

the valves fromm the airco are on the battery side of the car, you can't miss them, they have black things on them that you have to remove
Frekkel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2008, 21:31   #4 (permalink)

Drives: TY MK1 ZR 160
ChrisZR160 is on a distinguished road
My Garage
Firstly I would advise that it is necessary to observe special precaautions whenever dealing with any part of the system if you decide to do this. The pipes contains pressurised liquid refrinerant and is dangerous, although not poisonous, it but can cause severe frostbite and for 'Greenpeace', is extremely damaging to the environment. But just to try and help you. It may well be worth checking the pollen filter as Frekkel said above. The actual recharge/ bleed valve is on the aircon pipe directly behind the radiator closes to the battery side, again as Frekkel stated, sorry for repeating this again, but I think, it was also worth mentioning the hazards behind doing this aswel. Good luck with however you decide to go about the task.
ChrisZR160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:44   #5 (permalink)

Threadstarter
cheers guys yea i'll take ultra care when dealing with this problem. gonna check the filter today hopefully that will be the solution. i'll keep use updated guys, cheers
Old 05-10-2008, 11:21   #6 (permalink)

Frekkel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZR160 View Post
Firstly I would advise that it is necessary to observe special precaautions whenever dealing with any part of the system if you decide to do this. The pipes contains pressurised liquid refrinerant and is dangerous, although not poisonous, it but can cause severe frostbite and for 'Greenpeace', is extremely damaging to the environment. But just to try and help you. It may well be worth checking the pollen filter as Frekkel said above. The actual recharge/ bleed valve is on the aircon pipe directly behind the radiator closes to the battery side, again as Frekkel stated, sorry for repeating this again, but I think, it was also worth mentioning the hazards behind doing this aswel. Good luck with however you decide to go about the task.
true chris, airco gas can be pretty cold
I would advice that the airco refilling should be done at a garage where they have better equipment then some toy you can buy at halfords. And if there's a leak in the system they see it much faster then you can.
Frekkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 20:37   #7 (permalink)

Drives: Flat Out!
ex X Power is on a distinguished road
+1

Aircon systems should be fully vacumed out with an aircon machine to work properly so I wouldn't fanny around with it, get it done by the professionals, you'll be able to get it regassed fully for about 40.

Have you checked the aircon rad for damage? and all the pipes for breakages?

The pipe that goes into the compressor is a favourite for breakage
ex X Power is offline   Reply With Quote