What is part called and how to fix? - theMGZR.co.uk :: MG ZR forum
Go Back   theMGZR.co.uk :: MG ZR forum > Modding and Help > Interior and Exterior Styling
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-07-2016, 06:52   #1 (permalink)
*Newbie* Handle with care

Drives: mg zr105
jonathonhampton is on a distinguished road
What is part called and how to fix?

At the sides of the seat there is a 20cm piece of plastic that slots into the seat frame but what is this part called?
Mine has come off the seat completely and i am sinking into the frame as the seat is no longer fixed to the frame.
how can i fix this?
jonathonhampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2017, 21:43   #2 (permalink)

dingodoo is on a distinguished road
i would be interested to know this too as both sides of mine now gone
dingodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 23:45   #3 (permalink)

Man in the Car will become famous soon enoughMan in the Car will become famous soon enough
I assume you are referring to the plastic clip which holds the bottom edges of the seat cover to the frame. They are general referred to a J-clips or J-strips.

They are very common for breaking away on the ZR seats, and there are several options for sorting the problem:

The simplest way is to drill through the plastic and the metal plate it fits to and use self-tapping screws to hold it in place. However, the screws can tend to break through the plastic eventually, leaving you back at square one.

A better (but more involved) solution is to replace the broken clip. You can either get a used clip from a seat in a breaker, or see if you have a vehicle upholsterer in your area who might sell you a suitable length (or lengths) of new J-strip which can be stitched to the seat cover in place of the damaged one.
Man in the Car is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2017, 19:48   #4 (permalink)

dingodoo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man in the Car View Post
I assume you are referring to the plastic clip which holds the bottom edges of the seat cover to the frame. They are general referred to a J-clips or J-strips.

They are very common for breaking away on the ZR seats, and there are several options for sorting the problem:

The simplest way is to drill through the plastic and the metal plate it fits to and use self-tapping screws to hold it in place. However, the screws can tend to break through the plastic eventually, leaving you back at square one.

A better (but more involved) solution is to replace the broken clip. You can either get a used clip from a seat in a breaker, or see if you have a vehicle upholsterer in your area who might sell you a suitable length (or lengths) of new J-strip which can be stitched to the seat cover in place of the damaged one.
ok, based in this page of items what would work best?
could it be glued on with superglue?
http://goo.gl/gwWpYG
dingodoo is offline   Reply With Quote