Regards Tom
ChooChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2017, 21:59   #2 (permalink)
 JOHNDQ

Drives: Evo 7 RS Sprint 2.0
JOHNDQ is on a distinguished road
Funny market out there mate ZR's go from 200-1200 I paid 600 for mine 3 years ago but had more miles than yours! At end of day what you hoping to get
JOHNDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 22:49   #3 (permalink)
*Newbie* Handle with care

Drives: Mg zr
Threadstarter
ChooChoo is on a distinguished road
I was thinking about 1500 or is that to strong

Old 01-02-2017, 22:50   #4 (permalink)

Threadstarter

Old 01-02-2017, 23:53   #5 (permalink)

Man in the Car will become famous soon enoughMan in the Car will become famous soon enough
A 160 will be more attractive than one og=f the other engines, and yours appears to be in very good condition, but even so, I think you will struggle to find someone who will pay as much as 1500 as a private sale (that's garage forecourt kind of money really).

The problem is that there are a huge number of recent model second hand cars out there for most people. ZRs are now 12 to 16 years old, and well into 'banger' territory. This leaves two main types of people as possible buyers for ZRs nowadays - enthusiasts who will value a better model in good condition; and those who just want a cheap run around to run with little or no maintenance, and when something goes wrong, they will scrap them. The latter group will only be interested in paying the low hundreds, regardless of condition.

In spite of the high rate that they are being scrapped, there appear to be more ZRs for sale than there are buyers - some higher priced ones have been up for sale for months without selling.

All you can do is try to get what you want for it, but accept that if you get no interest, you may have to lower your expectations.
Man in the Car is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Man in the Car For This Useful Post:
ChooChoo (02-02-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 00:08   #6 (permalink)

Threadstarter
Not 100% sure I'm selling it as it's in great condition and interior is better then the out side . It has a kenwood cd playey fitted and I'm told it was optional out the factory . If that's true or not i don't know but rest of the car is original.

Great cars for the money and quick

Here's where I get abuse .... I bought my Mrs a 2001 Mini Cooper and I want a Cooper s

im not a boy racer or thrash the car every where but me and the Mrs have 3 kids and took me years to get her to enjoy cars and now she has her mini and I want a Cooper s it would be nice to enjoy the cars together

Last edited by ChooChoo; 02-02-2017 at 00:10.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:56   #7 (permalink)
 JOHNDQ

Drives: Evo 7 RS Sprint 2.0
JOHNDQ is on a distinguished road
Does look a good one but I agree don't think you'll get 1500
JOHNDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 13:25   #8 (permalink)

Man in the Car will become famous soon enoughMan in the Car will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChoo View Post
.....It has a kenwood cd playey fitted and I'm told it was optional out the factory . If that's true or not i don't know .....
A Kenwood KDC-4024 single-slot CD/tuner was standard fit in a 2004 160, with a Kenwood KRD-M4524 single-slot CD/MP3/tuner as a dealer fit upgrade option (for an extra 100). There was also the dealer fit option of having a 6-disc Kenwood CD-autochanger mounted under the left hand rear parcel shelf support (for an extra 265).

If you are patient and can wait for the right buyer to come along, you will certainly get more for your 160 than if you would if you needed to sell it fairly quickly and had to accept the best someone will offer.

A really good condition 160, that is factory standard and hasn't been 'interfered with' will certainly command a premium in the future as good examples become increasingly scarce, but we are now in the probably the worst period for selling a ZR - when they are at an age where it is no longer desirable for most used car buyers, and there are still plenty about - consequently the values are on the floor, with average to poor condition lower spec models (even with several months of MOT) selling for little more than scrap value. Even cars in the rarer Monogram colours are struggling to sell for more than a few hundred pounds.

I really hope you can find an enthusiast who really wants it. It make take a while, and you may need to put it about in a few different places to attract the right attention - so much of the private selling activity now seems to happen on facebook groups; I don't really understand why as you are invariably only attracting the attention of a very limited number of people on any one f/b group, but that seems to be how it is.
Man in the Car is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 19:37   #9 (permalink)

Threadstarter
That's some good info thank you

I'm a big mg / fan but work on lancia deltas every day and classic fiats and lancias,

I'm in no rush to sell it .i could do with the rust sorted on the drivers side rear arch but I want to find anybody shop what will do the right colour and not look a different shade.