MG ZR Forums banner

wont start

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  animalwildchild 
#1 ·
fitted new engine using all the old stuff off my original engine( wires injectors all the bolt on bits) everything appears to be in the right place, ive checked fuel up to the injectors, and if i spray easy start in it fires but fuel isnt getting to the engine any clues as to why as this rail all worked on the old engine and as i said all ive done is replace the engine.:slap:

#2 ·
Not entirely sure.

Have you tried resetting the fuel cut-off switch (big rubber plunger type thing mounted on the rear bulkhead near between the brake master cylinder and the fuel filter).

Might be a timing issue - check that the orientation of the dowels in the v-shaped slot in the cam pulleys is correct, and the pulleys are correctly set with both EX marks to the rear when the bottom pulley is lined up with the timing mark above it.

Have you kept the ECU from the original engine? If so, it should work as before, but if you have fitted a different ECU, it will need security matching to the security ECU (the two units share a common code to enable disarming opf the immobiliser).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.